The child will compare the weight and size of animals.
Learning Area(s):Math, Science
- computer or tablet
- free public access CLI Engage account
- paper and crayons
- optional: headphones
In this activity, the child will first watch a video about baby animals. Then they will compare the size and weight of different animals.
Video made possible by Kentucky Educational Television (KET).
After logging into your CLIEngage account, launch the activity by clicking this button. Type the child’s first name and last initial to begin!
At the end of the activity, the child will be asked to draw a picture of animals that are different sizes.
Have the child show you the animals they drew. Encourage them to tell you which animal is bigger, taller, and/or heavier.
- The interactive activity works best on the Google Chrome™ browser.
- After each child’s attempt, print or save their results. This must be done before you exit to avoid loss of results.
- To continue to build your child’s knowledge of animal growth, read these books:
- Is Your Mama a Llama?/¿Tu mamá es una llama? by Deborah Guarino
- From Tadpole to Frog by Steven Anderson/Del renaucajo a la rana por Shannon Zemlicka
- Waiting for Wings by Lois Ehlert (English only)
- What Will Hatch? by Jennifer Ward (English only)