The child will learn about the features of different habitats: desert, swamp, and mountains. (A login is required for your child to complete this online activity.)
Learning Area(s):Math, Science
- computer or tablet
- free public access CLI Engage account
- paper and crayons
- optional: headphones
In this activity, the child will first watch a video about a camel searching for its habitat. Then they will identify habitats based on the features they learn about each one.
Sesame Street excerpts provided courtesy of Sesame Workshop, New York, New York.*
After logging into your CLI Engage account, launch the activity by clicking the button. Type the child’s first name and last initial to begin!
At the end of the activity, the child will be asked to draw a picture of the habitat they’d most like to visit.
Have the child show you the picture they drew. Ask them to describe the habitat to you and what they could do there.
- After each child’s attempt, print or save their results. This must be done before you exit to avoid loss of results.
- To continue to build your child’s knowledge of habitats, read these books or find a read-aloud video online:
- Nature’s Patchwork Quilt by Mary Miche
- Walk This Wild World by Sam Brewster
- Deserts by Gail Gibbons
- Welcome to the Neighborwood by Shawn Sheehy
- Over and Under the Pond by Kate Messner
- About Habitats: Mountains by Cathryn Sill
*© 2020 Sesame Workshop®, Sesame Street®, and associated characters, trademarks, and design elements are owned and licensed by Sesame Workshop. All rights reserved.