The child will make equal sets by taking items away from one group.
- computer or tablet
- free public access CLI Engage account
- equal number of similar objects (for example, 6 red blocks or 8 yellow bears)
- optional: headphones
In this activity, the child will first watch a video about sorting cookies into equal piles. Then they will practice subtraction by taking away items from one group to make equal sets.
Sesame Street excerpts provided courtesy of Sesame Workshop, New York, New York.*
After logging into your CLI Engage account, launch the activity by clicking this button. Type the child’s first name and last initial to begin!
At the end of the activity, the child will be asked to make two equal groups with the materials you gave them.
Have the child tell you how they know the groups are equal.
- The interactive activity works best on the Google Chrome™ browser.
- After each child’s attempt, print or save their results. This must be done before you exit to avoid loss of results.
- To continue to build your child’s comparison skills, try these activities:
*© 2020 Sesame Workshop®, Sesame Street®, and associated characters, trademarks, and design elements are owned and licensed by Sesame Workshop. All rights reserved.