The child will match animals to their habitats.
- computer or tablet
- free public access CLI Engage account
- habitat print-outs
- optional: headphones
In this activity, the child will first watch a video about a camel searching for its habitat. Then they will match animals to their habitats based on the clues they hear.
Sesame Street excerpts provided courtesy of Sesame Workshop, New York, New York.*
After logging into your CLI Engage account, launch the activity by clicking the button. Type the child’s first name and last initial to begin!
At the end of the activity, the child will be asked to choose a habitat and draw an animal in it.
Have the child show you the animal they drew. Ask them to say what they know about that habitat and why they chose to draw that animal.
- After each child’s attempt, print or save their results. This must be done before you exit to avoid loss of results.
- To continue to build your child’s knowledge of habitats and the animals that live there, read these books or find a read-aloud video online:
- Nature’s Patchwork Quilt by Mary Miche
- Walk This Wild World by Sam Brewster
- Deserts by Gail Gibbons
- Welcome to the Neighborwood by Shawn Sheehy
- Over and Under the Pond by Kate Messner
- About Habitats: Mountains by Cathryn Sill
*© 2020 Sesame Workshop®, Sesame Street®, and associated characters, trademarks, and design elements are owned and licensed by Sesame Workshop. All rights reserved.